- ASIN : 0552553204
- Publisher : RHUK; Latest Edition (6 January 2005)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 528 pages
- ISBN-10 : 9780552553209
- ISBN-13 : 978-0552553209
- Reading age : 12 - 17 years
- Item Weight : 278 g
- Dimensions : 11 x 3.1 x 17.8 cm
Eragon: Christopher Paolini (The Inheritance Cycle) is the story of Eragon, who finds a polished stone one fine morning while hunting meat for his family. Eragon feels that it’s a magical stone which would help him buy meat for his family and with that expectation he goes to buy meat but is unfortunately turned down with disappointment when he could not buy any. It is then revealed to him that the polished stone is actually a dragon’s egg and is about to hatch. As the fledgling comes out of the polished hard shell, Eragon realises the real purpose of having found it. Something greater than fetching meat for his family awaits him. Eragon’s life changes overnight and he is forced to take up the dangerous adventures of a new world of magic, power, and destiny. The only weapon of protection that he has is the ancient sword and the piece of advice that an old storyteller gave for his guidance. Eragon starts his adventure with the young dragon and finds the way to the dark world of dangerous terrain and frightening enemies, who inhabit that dark world of the Empire ruled by an extremely evil ruler. Eragon thus becomes the hero on whom the destiny of the Empire depends. This book was published by RHUK in the year 2005. It is available in paperback.
- Eragon: Christopher Paolini (The Inheritance Cycle) is the first book of the trilogy created by Christopher Paolini when he was just 15 years old.
- In December 2006, Fox 2000 released the movie adaptation of Eragon in theaters around the world. The book is best for the readers belonging to the age group of 12 and above.